To ensure that you get the best spray tan possible, follow these
recommendations the day before:
- Bleaching, waxing, facial treatments, manicures, pedicures, and massages
should be done at least 24 hours before your appointment.
- When shaving, use a new razor to help ensure even exfoliation. Avoid
shaving the day of your appointment.
- Do not use any Dove products.
- Shower and exfoliate extensively. Focus on your knees, elbows, ankles
and feet. This gives your tan a “clean slate” for maximum tanning results. Proper exfoliation can extend your tan by up to 3 days! It is best to exfoliate 24 hours before your appointment. Do not exfoliate the day of your appointment.
- Remove any residual spray tan or self-tanner that is on your skin.
The day of your Glow appointment:
- Showering 4 hours prior to your session is acceptable if you cannot do it the night before. Showering right before your session leaves the skin
hydrated and will not give best results. If you must shower the day of, skip the soap and simply wash your body with a wet washcloth to ensure clean skin and a gentle exfoliation. Do not wash/condition your hair as it can leave residue on your skin and create a barrier.
- Do not use deodorant, makeup, perfume, or moisturizers.
- Aviva Labs’ solutions are oil-free, which means they will not stain your clothes, bedsheets, or your couch; however, we do suggest that you wear dark, loose clothing so that your clothing doesn’t rub against the spray tan while it is setting.
- Allow your skin to stay dry for at least 8 hours after application (4 hours for the rapid tan solution); avoid water and excessive sweating.
- You may tan in the skin you are in! Disposable thongs are available or you can wear your own dark colored swim wear or underwear. Remember! …tan lines will not go away once sprayed so be mindful. (Men must wear underwear)
- Pull hair back high and tight if possible.
The day after your spray tan:
- Excessive sweating or exercising should be avoided for 24 hours.
- Your first shower should be a gentle rinse in warm (not hot) water. Rinse only! Soaps and shampoos can lessen the quality of your spray tan. You will notice the bronzer washing off. DON’T PANIC! That is normal and your Glow Tan is intact under that layer. Pat your skin dry, do not rub.
- Use a body wash that does not contain heavy moisturizers or exfoliants.
- Avoid shaving your legs for the first 24 hours after your Glow spray tan as shaving exfoliates the skin.
Keep it Glowing
To extend the beauty of your spray tan:
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize! A spray tan’s worst enemy is dry skin; a spray tan’s best friend is a fantastic moisturizer! By using moisturizers on a daily basis (and after every shower!), your skin will stay soft, supple, and most importantly tanned for days longer!
- Avoid long hot baths, facials, exfoliators, microdermabrasions, etc…
- Use a gentle moisturizing shower gel and avoid rough bath poufs.
- When drying after a shower, pat your skin dry instead of rubbing it.